So! Today I woke up for work, went in, and proceeded to fail. xD Its funny, cause the day before I was a fucking pro. Okay, about a pro as a newbie can be, but everyone gave me compliments all day. Today? I got compliments on my work... but got told to step-aside a lot. Oh! And it turns out Junior Ham Melts are Junior Roast Melts to me. I made like 3 roasts instead of hams. I felt super bad about that. They said it was no big deal, and the manager pretty much told me "You are doing great, I am really impressed. Just relax, okay? I don't bite."
I suppose, looking back, I was really nervous. The reason was 1. My manager was ripping into a co-worker, so I made sure to do everything to avoid the warpath. 2. I was supposed to learn specialty sandwiches, but because of how busy and how poorly my partner performed, I learned nothing and felt useless. Overall I like my job though. (Especially the free food I got today.)
When I got home, I texted Brittany. I wanted to see what her intentions were with the text she sent me a while back. Was she trying to re-start a friendship? Was she honestly just asking about where to take her date? I didn't really get anywhere with it, as we talked about the pros and cons of my job. I guess, with her, I can't really know what she is thinking. So! Instead I tried to think as to why I wanted to know so bad. I decided that it was because I had no idea what I felt about her myself, and spent the rest of the day pondering it.
In the end I decided that I cared about her, but nothing deep. I tried getting close to her, and got denied at each turn, so I don't want to repeat the past. If she wants to turn this into an actual friendship, then I would be glad, and help it where I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment